Thursday, June 21, 2018

Science of Control

Is control something to be proud of, or ashamed of? Is it a weakness or a strength? What is the line where the need for control jumps into the threatening realm?

 The truth is that I do not linger on things that I cannot control. It would be pointless to live my life worried about things outside of my control. It is easy to lose sight of your path when one is too focused on maintaining a level of control over actions.

 The belief that I am in control of my life, my decisions, and the outcome such as consequences and rewards, is very dear to me. My desire for control is not an ill-willed action. There is no intent of harm. The responsibility for every outcome is in itself the very reason why I fight for control.

 How can you control your life when you have others who depend on you, and every decision you make affects them? How can you have any degree of control when your choices are limited to the choices of others on your team?

 The answer is communication. Control is not about imposing your will on others on the team, but about making a controlled educated decision as a team to control the desired outcome. A bad consequence that was a result of an educated controlled decision is preferred over a bad consequence because of neglect of full exercise of control.

 Control is exercised by utilizing facts, decision-making methods, analytical methods, and overall objective points of view.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Science of Control

Is control something to be proud of, or ashamed of? Is it a weakness or a strength? What is the line where the need for control jumps into t...